- Girl Scouts: The Silent Killers
- Study Suggests Stonehenge Was Prehistoric McDonald's
- Wolfgang Van Halen Sick Of Being Hit On By 45-Yr-Olds
WASHINGTON (CAP) - In a sign that it is trying to shore up its bipartisan credentials, the Obama administration today announced that it is reaching across the aisle to fill two diplomatic posts. Tapped to be ambassador of Argentina is beleaguered South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, while outgoing Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has been named ambassador to Mars.
"Gov. Sanford has always had a thing for Argentina, so this is a perfect match," said one Sanford aide. "Hiking her fertile valleys, climbing her snowy peaks, ordering her fine hotel room service - the governor loves Argentina, and Argentina loves him long time right back."
It is unclear at this time whether Sanford's wife Jenny and his four sons will accompany him to Argentina on his diplomatic mission, but a spokeswoman for Mrs. Sanford expressed confidence that Mark Sanford was the right man for the job.
"Ambassador? Well, he's got one syllable covered already there, doesn't he?" the spokeswoman said.
There is no question that Gov. Palin's family will accompany her to Mars, however.
"Oh shoot yeah, they're giving us a trailer attachment thingie on the space station up there called Lunar Tech 1, and me and Todd and Trig and the whole Wasilla clan will be shacking out there until they discover life on Mars and I can start representing this wonderful country to the Marsitonians," Palin said at a rambling press conference.
"You know, they're gonna hoot at me for saying this, but I really can see Mars from my house," Governor Palin said, adding, "And I just love green cheese!"
The senate is expected to confirm both appointments and expedite traveling papers, as one anonymous source said, "Jesus, yesterday?"
- Banner Stands» Browse banner stands by Post-Up Stand. Trade Show Displays, Retractable Banner Displays, and more. High quality, 48 hour turnaround time!
- Prom Dresses 2013» Searching for the perfect dress to wear on your big night? Take a look from these styles who top the best-dressed lists all the time!